Pound for pound, there’s nothing you own that’s more important than your digital data. Of course, data has no real, physical weight, but lose some of your most important data and you’ll quickly realize just how much it’s really worth. And it really doesn’t matter what type of storage media you use – hard drives or flash drives – as they are all susceptible to sectors going bad. When they do go bad, your options are limited.
Your first option, when a computer hard drive shows the signs of bad physical sectors, is to take the whole computer into the local shop and then pay an arm and a leg for data recovery. Your second, and more affordable option is to use a program like HDD Regenerator. This program is on par with the tools that professional IT shops use when they need to recover precious data from hard drives gone bad.
Here is a quick overview of how to repair hard disk physical bad sectors with HDD Regenerator:
1. The first thing you’ll need to do is download HDD Regenerator and run through the quick, easy installation steps.
2. For Windows 7 users, it’s important to right click on the HDD Regenerator icon on your desktop, and choose to run it with Admin privileges.
3. When HDD Regenerator launches, you’ll be in the main interface of the program. Click on the top section to repair bad physical sectors or damaged drive surfaces under the Windows option.
4. Choose the disk drive that has the bad sector(s) and then click on “Start Process.”
5. You may see a prompt at this point, asking about access to the drive. You should just click “OK” to continue the sector repairing process. You may also choose to create a bootable disk at this point in time, though it’s not required.
6. At this point you’ll be given three repair options in a command window. We usually recommend that people simply choose option number 1.
7. The next prompt will ask you which sector you would like to start with. For the most thorough repair, you should leave it at “0” and let the program check all the sectors on the hard drive.
8. Now, you’ll just have to wait for a while, and let HDD Regenerator do its thing.
9. If you do need to pause or change configuration while the process is running, you can hit the “ESC” key to do so.
10. When HDD Regenerator finishes the hard drive’s bad sectors will be physically repaired. However, you will probably need to take the additional step of removing the bad sector mark, you’ll have to use some of the more advanced program options to do so.
If you downloaded the trial version of HDD Regenerator, it will only fix the first bad physical sector of the hard drive. At this point, you can decide whether or not you’d like to purchase the full version of the program using exclusive 15% discount promo to completely repair all the bad sectors on your hard drive. Of course, if you downloaded the full version of the program, you’ll be good to go on getting all the physical bad sectors repaired once and for all.